Saturday, February 21, 2015

Apple Nachos

Apple Nachos are a hit in our household!



This is a quick snack for my family and me to be sure that my kids get some good nutrients in a quick snack, and they pack quite an energy boost for mom too with the protein in the peanut butter and the drizzle of yummy chocolate syrup. My mom started making these after I was an adult, but I enjoyed munching on these even as a grown up!

First, I started with some nice apples. I like Golden Delicious, but you can use whatever you like.




I sliced the cheeks from the core...


 and then sliced the cheeks into thin slices. You can see I left the skins on because they are full of nutrients. My kids hate eating the skins on apples unless I prepare them like these.



 Arrange the slices on a plate or platter of your liking. It took two medium sized apples to fill my luncheon plate.


Make a pretty design if you like.


 Get some good peanut butter.


 Put one tablespoon per apple in a microwave-safe dish. Heat it on high for 10 second intervals, stirring each time until it is runny. Think somewhere between maple syrup and corn syrup consistency. Mine took 30 seconds.


 Choose a lovely chocolate syrup.


 Drizzle your warm peanut butter over the sliced apples. It might get messy.


Swirl it into a pretty design like so.


 Drizzle the chocolate syrup on top now.



 Little hands will begin wanting to see what's going on.


If you're not careful, your apple nachos will begin to disappear.


Be sure to get a bite before your children gobble them all up!



All gone!



 We love this healthy treat, and I hope your family will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment